January 7, 2013 by travelitaliablog
It’s New Year, new beginnings, new travel destination and a whole new adventure to
look forward to. So, do you already have a travel destination this year of 2013? Is Italy one of the places in your list? If it is and you don’t have any travel destination in Italy yet, I have here the list of top places you can visit in this beautiful country.
- Rome, Italy – Rome is one of the top cities in Italy that you can spend a holiday in. There are a lot of amazing historical sites, mind-blowing arts and one-of-a-kind architectures that you can around the city. Some structures and sites that you won’t want to miss are the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, St. Peter’s Basilica and other known Basilica and Churches in Rome. If you are into arts, you won’t want to miss to visit the Galleria Borghese and the Capitoline Museums.
- Florence, Italy – Florence is also a great place to visit in Italy. It doesn’t have as much as great architectural structure that you can see in Rome but it does have its own share. It has a number of churches with amazing pure blue frescos that you will see yourself spending two hours of staring along its walls and ceilings. When you are here, you won’t want to miss visiting the Doors of Paradise, the Duomo, and Michaelangelo’s David which are all captivating. You also won’t want to miss the beautiful sunset over the Arno and the famous wines of the Chianti region in the south.
- Venice, Italy – One of the most romantic places, I should say. It’s one of the most alluring cities in the world with its stunning architecture, mysterious passageways and the beautiful canals and gondolas. Venice is one place perfect for a romantic holiday. You can have a beautiful moonlit gondola ride which would be great for a romantic evening with your love one then have a taste of the original Bellini at Harry’s Bar after.
- Sorrento, Italy – A small city in Campania that has earned a plethora of alluring names, the Land of Mermaids, Land of Orange and Lemon Groves and the Land of Colors. Sorrento is famous for its sea cliffs, the town’s steep slopes that look out over azure waters to Ischia, Capri and the bay of Naples. If you are into adventure, this small city offers some good diving spots, great sea fishing, boat cruises and some excellent hiking trails across the peninsula. Truly you won’t get bored in this small city with these extreme adventures.
- Taormina, Italy – Known as Sicily’s legendary resort town, Taormina prides it’s beautiful cinema-worthy backdrop of the Volcanic Mount Etna and the Ionian Sea. If you want to see a beautiful panoramic view of the town, take a cable car to the beach or walk uphill behind the Church of St. Joseph. When you are in this town, you won’t want to miss visiting, the Greek Amphitheater, the Isola Bella and the Circumetnea Railway.
- Positano, Italy – It’s a sophisticated resort in the central Amalfi Coast, a place in Italy with the best beaches. In the place you can see Moorish-style architecture rises up steep slopes that gaze out on the Sirenuse Islands as well as smart boutiques selling fashion for visitors. Places that you shouldn’t want to miss when visiting Positano, the La Tagliata, the Le Tre Sorelle, Footpath of the Gods, the Spaggia del Fornillo and Chiesa di Santa Maria Assunta e Cripta Medievale.
- Palermo, Italy – Palermo is known as the city of ever-changing character. It has a not so good image of dusty museums, boisterous markets, chaotic traffic and an oppressive summer heat. But may it be noisy, polluted and often dangerous but this city in Sicily is always been fascinating. When you are here, you won’t want to miss the marvels of Arab-Norman architecture such as the Palazzo dei Normanni or the San Giovanni degli Eremiti.
- Milan, Italy – the fashion capital of Italy, from the extremely upscale stores of the Quadrilatero d’Oro to the more reasonably priced shops in Corso Buenos Aires, indeed fashion is a big business in Milan. When you are here, famous places you won’t want to miss visiting are the Cathedral (Duomo), the La Scala opera house, The Last Supper, Museo Nazionale della Scienza e Tecnica for da Vinci’s drawings and models, different art museums, galleries and palazzos.
- Riccione, Italy – One of Italy’s beautiful beaches which you won’t want to miss visiting when having a holiday in Italy.
- Selva di Val Gardena, Italy – If you are into winter sports, Selva di Val Gardena is definitely the place you want to go to. Escape to the Alps on a winter holiday and get a luxurious ski vacation in this beautiful place in Italy. Lots of world-class hotels and B&B’s loom around the gorgeous mountains, dedicated to giving you the most indulgent stay possible.
So, start marking your calendars and plan your vacation ahead, use the information above as guide to the best place in Italy that suites your preference of great holiday vacation in Italy. Start planning now to get great holiday deals in Italy. Find more interesting travel destinations at tripadvisor.com.